Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Republicans warn us to WATCH OUT for married Gay Clone Soldiers!

Recently I received a Republican Strategy Survey for October 2009, (full disclosure, I am a registered Republican in Windermere Florida, District #8). It had a number of fiscal items in it, and some expected red meat.

Some were particularly choice and made me see a bit of red:
#7 My Family and I are benefiting from the tax cuts of 2001 and 2003. - That's a no.

Others were just red meat sops to the ignorant:
#11 I believe special interests have too much interest in Washington. - What else is new?
#12 Democrats are catering to big labour and other liberal interests at my expense. - Seriously?

Some were wrong headed:
#4 I favour a flat fax.

Clearly if that had been THE FAIR tax instead it would have been right on target. Nobody wants regressive taxation.

And so the survey went from health care to foreign policy to the military. Then the survey veered off into cuckoo-land:

#27. I support a ban on human cloning.
#28. I believe gays should not be permitted to openly serve in the military.
#29. There should be a Constitutional Amendment to prevent the desecration of the American flag. (N.B. note caps in Constitutional Amendment, as if the constitution was God).
#30. I support a Constitutional Amendment to protect traditional marriage between a man and a woman. (N.B. Again).
#31. English should be made the official language of the U.S.
#32. I believe the Democrat's efforts to resurrect the Fairness Doctrine would restrict my right to freedom of speech.
#33. I believe our lawmakers and our President have a responsibility to promote traditional moral values.

Apparently spanish speaking happily married gay super-soldier clones are the ultimate Republican fear.

As far as I am aware none of this has really been an issue thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please stay on topic and act maturely.